Tuesday, March 2, 2010

*Strength During Adversity*

I have a co-worker that found out about 5 weeks ago that she has breast cancer. Her first chemo therapy was yesterday. Believe it or not, she was at work today. I am amazed at her strength and her attitude going into this. She will have both breasts removed eventually even though she is taking chemo. She is 45 years old. She has already bought a wig and is wearing her pink breast cancer t-shirts to support the cause that she has been thrust into. Adversity comes in many forms and in many different ways. Whether it's an illness, financial, relationships, family, death, injustice or just a disabling cut on a finger, God can help us during these times. Look to Him! He will help you understand the whys and hows in these things. Even if we don't ever understand the reasons of why bad things happen to good people, He can hold us tight and help us with our attitude to go forward anyway. What you do with the bad things that happen to you shows the strength of who you really are. The world notices, and so does your heavenly Father.

—Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Father, protect those who face adversities in their lives. Help them to seek you out for strength. With your strength, we can do all things. Heal those that face tribulations daily. Instead of sharing their weary woes of hardship and anger, please advise their hearts to share the attitude of faith that You can heal and love~~

No comments:

Post a Comment