Wednesday, March 24, 2010

He asked "Do you love me?"

If you remember, Peter lied about knowing Christ three times, then a rooster crowed three times...in the passage below, Christ asks Peter three times if he loves Him...He knew Peter needed forgiveness in order to move forward with his calling. Do you think we should be like Christ and forgive those that we know have wronged us, and that they know they have done wrong? Will it open the doors to move forward? Does it allow us to do our calling? Does it minister to those that do wrong? I believe that this is the intentions of what Christ was telling Peter. He forgave Peter for what he did against Him. Peter needed that forgiveness in order to put it behind him and press forward. Shouldn't we do the same for those that wrong us?
John 21:14-17
(Jesus Forgives Peter)
14 This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead. 15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?"
"Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."

16 Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you love me?"
He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."

17 The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?"
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.


Father, forgive us as we forgive those who wrong us.

No comments:

Post a Comment