Monday, March 29, 2010

Accept Love


I've heard about some Internet blogs/forums with terrible things said about my close friends and family. So terrible that it upset me to the point I was going to blog about how people tend to enjoy hating and having vengeance and make up such terrible things about others. Something came to me as I was reading and researching the psychology of hate....it was taking me in to their world. The purpose of this blog is to try to elevate the effects of the hate that has surrounded Raye Dawn and her family. We are trying to convey that we don't want to fight or 'hate' them. We are searching for forgiveness and healing. They are choosing NOT to accept, but that is the trouble with so much hate in the heart. We are willing to forgive and heal, they are not. I will continue to pray for their hearts.

Romans 12:9-11
9Be sincere in your love for others. Hate everything that is evil and hold tight to everything that is good. 10Love each other as brothers and sisters and honor others more than you do yourself. 11Never give up. Eagerly follow the Holy Spirit and serve the Lord.

1 John 4:19-21
19We, though, are going to love—love and be loved. First we were loved, now we love. He loved us first. 20-21 If anyone boasts, "I love God," and goes right on hating his brother or sister, thinking nothing of it, he is a liar. If he won't love the person he can see, how can he love the God he can't see? The command we have from Christ is blunt: Loving God includes loving people. You've got to love both.

So, the bottom line is, we must do all we can to love our brother in Christ. If we don't or won't, then we CAN'T love our Heavenly Father. We are human with human emotions, so it's not an easy task to let things go in the past in order to move forward, but with God's love, we can. I watched a movie last night "Amish Grace" and it talked about forgiveness in a terrible situation. I recommend this movie. It's based on the Amish school shooting in Pennsylvania.

Dear God in Heaven, I pray for the hate to leave and the forgiveness enter. Help those that can't get past the hate and can't 'let the past be the past'. I pray for their hearts and their lives. Happiness in their daily life has to be hard to find when they harbor so much in their hearts. I pray for healing for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment