Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Journey to Forgiveness***


Forgiveness is a journey.

Matthew 5:7, 39-46

"If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins."

Matthew 6:14-15

You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

Lord Jesus, by faith, I receive Your unconditional love and acceptance in the place of this hurt, and I trust You to meet all my needs. I take authority over the Enemy, and in the name of Jesus, I take back the ground I have allowed Satan to gain in my life because of my attitude toward those that speak lies and hate. Right now, I give this ground back to the Lord Jesus Christ to whom it rightfully belongs. Amen

(Adapted from The Gift of Forgiveness, by Charles Stanley. 1987. pp.173-175.)





No comments:

Post a Comment